Nowadays, people are becoming more and more familiar with terms like Instagram influencer and Influencer marketing.
But, who is an Instagram influencer and what does he/she do?
In a nutshell, Instagram influencers are the people who have leveraged a trust-worthy engagement on Instagram with their followers or audiences. These people expertize in their own niche and influence their followers to buy a particular product or service and make various lifestyle decisions.
Thus, an Instagram user who has a large amount of following, high engagement rates, and established credibility can be regarded as an influencer.
Influencer marketing is booming for the last few years. Brands find and hire experienced influencers to promote their products and services in exchange for a fixed amount of salary.
Thus, if you are an influencer and what to get discovered by top brands and companies, here are some tips that you must follow to hack your Instagram growth.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Use the right hashtags
Do you want your Instagram posts to attract more eyes and engagement? Then, hashtags can be your best weapon.
According to a study, 12.6% more engagement is noticed on Instagram posts with at least one hashtag than a post with no hashtag.
A hashtag is a powerful tool that makes it easier for people to find your content on Instagram. If you use the right hashtag on your Instagram posts, you’ll definitely observe an increase in your following base and engagement. Thus, they are also very important for your online presence.
But, what exactly does a Hashtag means?
A hashtag is a combination of numbers, letters, symbols, and emojis and is preceded by a # symbol. For example – #Influencer, #Throwbackthursday, etc. These hashtags help to categorize the content such as photos and videos and make them discoverable to people. So, if someone clicks or search these hashtags, they’ll see all the posts tagged with it.
Here are some tips and tricks that every influencer must follow to start a successful Instagram account –
- Every Instagram post should include a short caption in which you can include a maximum of 30 hashtags. It does not really matter what number of hashtags you use. Whether you use all 30 hashtags or just 5-7, make sure that they are super-relevant to your post.
- Another important trick is to find the best hashtags that increase your reach to a large number of audiences. Make sure that the hashtags you choose have a higher reach with less competition.
- You can also use up to 10 hashtags on your Instagram story photos and videos. This helps in increasing your online presence among a large audience.
- In 2018, Instagram added a new feature that allows you to follow Hashtags related to your interest. It’s just like following a user’s profile. For example, if you’d like to follow a hashtag #goldenretriever, simply open the hashtag page and tap on the ‘follow’ button. This is an effective way to double your chances of engagement.
- You can also use clickable hashtags on your Instagram bio. If someone clicks on that hashtag, he will be taken to that hashtag page to follow it. It is recommended to use only 2-3 hashtags in your Instagram bio to make it more interesting.
- Never use banned hashtags. There are around 114,000 hashtags banned by Instagram. And the worst thing is that you will never know that the particular hashtag is banned by Instagram. This is because it will look as normal as unbanned hashtags. Moreover, a post with a banned hashtag won’t show up on the hashtag page.
As an Instagram influencer, it is very important that you take full advantage of these tips and tricks to increase your reach and engagement. Once you reach a decent following count, you can move to the next, i.e., to make money on Instagram.
2. Choose the best time to post your content on Instagram
The best time to post your content is when your audience is more active on Instagram and is more likely to see and engage your great content. Posting at the right time can lead to more likes, comments, and shares on the posts.
Every Instagram influencer has unique followers based in different time zone. Therefore, it is important to find your own best time to post on Instagram.
Below are some factors that must be considered:
- The first tip is to identify your target audience and find at what time they usually check their Instagram. For example, a college-going student is more likely to look at Instagram at night, whereas, an employee who works 9-5 might be more active on Instagram in the morning.
- If you have a following from all over the world, it may not be feasible to post at a specific time every day. So, for example, if more of your followers are from England, posting with the GMT time zone can perform well for you. On the other hand, if you have followers from both the USA and England, you could start experimenting with different posting times. Also, make sure that you measure your progress on each post every day. This will enable you to choose the best day and time to share your valuable content with your audience.
- Save your most important posts for weekdays. You may get more engagement on weekdays as your followers will have enough time to go through your posts.
- Sometimes, it may not be possible for you to post at your best posting time. In such a situation, you can use various social media scheduling tools like Buffer, Tailwind, etc. to schedule all your posts at once.
No matter what the experts say about the most appropriate time and day to post on Instagram, what really matters is the behaviour of your audience.
3. Take your Instagram stories to the next level
Want to create fun, creative and interesting stories like a pro? We’ve got you covered.
Where Instagram feed is only for your professional and polished photos, an Instagram story is a great place to show your funny and personal side. It is an effective way to build an emotional connection with your audience and thus, plays a major role in increasing your reach and engagement. This can be anything ranging from behind-the-scenes pictures, tutorials, your pet’s videos, important announcements, etc.
Follow these few tips to make your stories stand out from the rest of the crowd:
- Use different Instagram filters to make your stories look unique and interesting.
- You can also add up to 10 hashtags on your Instagram stories to increase double your chances of engagement.
- Adding a location on your Instagram story can lead to more visibility, reach, and engagement.
- You can also add stickers to your Instagram story photos and videos, making them more interesting.
- Organize a poll or Q&A sessions to interact and engage with your followers.
- If you’ve created a story and you don’t want it to disappear after 24 hours, you can simply add it as a Highlight on your profile page.
- You can select different formats to post your Instagram stories such as – Type, Live, Normal, Boomerang, Superzoom, Rewind, Hands-free or Stop Motion.
As an influencer, if you’re not taking full advantage of Instagram stories, you’re missing out a lot of good stuff.
4. Click and edit your Instagram photos like a pro
Instagram is all about sharing photos and videos with your followers. Therefore, it is very important to post visually appealing and high-quality photos on your feed. Believe me; nobody wants to see an Instagram feed full ugly, poorly-taken pictures.
Not everybody has got those professional photography skills. But, with these tips, you can learn to click and edit a photo like a pro in no time!
- Make sure that you use a good background and some matching props to take your picture look more interesting.
- It is always better to take photos in a perfect amount of sunlight.
- There are many apps that allow you to edit your photos and make them look 10X better. Some of these are – VSCOCam, Canva, Afterlight, etc.
- You can also add your own personal style while editing your pictures.
- Always make sure that you use the same filters to give your feed a more personal and consistent look. For example, if you’ve posted square pictures filter on your profile, make sure that you always choose the same filter as doing so will give your photos the same feel. Posting your photos with different filters may not only make your feed look ugly and boring, but may also lead to Unfollows.
5. Some more Instagram hacks for influencers to grow their reach –
- Re-posting others content is an excellent way to scale quickly. Make sure that you give full credit to the person whose content you repost.
- Interact with your followers by using Instagram live chat feature, creating polls and Q&A sessions, organizing giveaways, etc.
- Post quality content regularly to keep your viewers engaged.
- Follow other influencer’s account to grow your network.
- Upload and share interesting videos as they prove to be an excellent tool to keep your viewers interested in your content.
Are you thinking to become an Instagram influencer? Do you need help to get discovered by top brands and companies? Get in touch with us to discuss some important strategies that you can implement to fulfill these goals.